Thursday, September 18, 2014

More 2 Crafty and OUAS

Hello :)
 
My first creation today is another 2 Crafty share.
I have scrapped a photo of the 5 of us.  It is the worst, out of focus, grainy picture
 from my iphone but I just love it and had to scrap it!!!!   I don't often use black
 on my layouts but seeing as my photo was black and white I thought it would 
work well to add some black ink and washi tape.
 
 
 
 Here are the gorgeous 2 Crafty pieces I used:



My Happy Place
Corner Rachel's
Elegant Hearts
Corner Tiny Edwin
Butterflies
 
 
 
"My Happy Place"
 
 
 




 I have added a Corner Tiny Edwin to the bottom right hand side of my layout. 
 I have coated it with Gesso and then using my finger I applied some Rub 'n' Buff
 in Antique Gold to the edges.








I have scattered some Butterflies around the layout in 2 different sizes.  I have applied
 Gesso to them and when they were dried I added a Prima script stamp with black ink.





 
 
Lots of mixed media work and I also used a few new Prima flowers and paper from the Epiphany collection.  I love that you can add any colour to this collection......in this case I have added a rainbow :)
 







 
A second Corner Tiny Edwin was placed on the photos corner.  I just dabbed
some Gesso on here.  I also placed the Corner Rachel's under the paper layers.
 I then added some Rub 'n' Buff.







 
 
I really loved this title, love the font and the way it goes down the page. 
 I applied Gesso to it to make it pop from the background colour. 
 I adhered it onto some of my flowers and leaves to give it dimension.
 
 
 






 
I have added a Elegant Heart here above some of my mixed media background.
 I painted it with black paint to tie in with the rest of the black elements.
 I added some more stamping (with white paint) to the background and love
 the effect it gave on the heart.










-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
Once Upon a Sketch - September 




Journalling Theme: Open theme...with a twist
For this month's challenge, you can scrap about any theme BUT you need to include your own handwritten journalling on your page!


You are free to interpret our theme ANY WAY you like. Whilst the theme is open, you MUST base it on the sketch below and include your HANDWRITTEN journalling ON YOUR PAGE. Acceptable journalling is MORE than just a sentence, or generic writing such as date/place etc. It needs to be present and at least 3 lines long







Here is my take on the September sketch:
 
 
"Precious"
 






I have also used a couple of 2 Crafty pieces here.
 
 
 




I absolutely love the colours in this layout.  I have used papers and vellum by Websters Pages from the Ocean Melody and Strawberry Fields collections.
 
 
 
 





I applied Shimmerz Dazzlerz in Pucker Up Pink to my background instead of using my usual Gesso!  I really love the colour and love the effect of it after scraping it on with a piece of cardboard.
 
 
 
 










I hope you get to play along this month, still plenty of time to get your entry in.  Here is the Link to the Once Upon a Sketch page.
 
 
Hope you have a fantastic day!!
Hugs xo

4 comments:

Romy said...

Oh my, your both lay-outs turned out absolutely stunning! I always love your use of colours and your embellishment clustering and layering are truly sensational!

Lizzyc said...

These look amazing, always so much to see and all of it to love!

Janene said...

Beautiful as always!!!! Thanks for a look!

purple_pea_fran said...

Stunning! Your mix of colours are beautiful!