Hello, I want to share a canvas today that I made with Shimmerz, Scrapmatts chipboards and of course a touch of Prima!! This piece was a really quick one for me and just a nice size of 12 x 12 inch:) It's definately one for the wall!
Here are the Shimmerz colours I used:
Coloringz in Lime in Da Coconut and Mama Sings the Blues
Blingz in Ginchy Green
Pearlz in Blue By U and Powder Puff
Vibez in Hermit the Frog, Jeni B Bleu and Before Dawn
and the Scrapmatts:
CB1077 Bird Cages 03
CB5089 Ferns 02
CB1134 Assorted Words 01
Live, Life, Love
I also want to share with you my process of creating this piece.
1. Firstly I applied Gesso to the whole background using an hold piece of cardboard. Not being particular I changed up the direction of the cardboard strokes aswell. Allow some sections to be thicker too. I then tore a square piece of Calico material about 15 cm long. Ripping the calico gives the edges a nice shabby look. I applied Gesso to the Calico. Now the fun begins with misting. I started from the top section and worked my way down allowing the Shimmerz to run down the canvas.
2. I added another 2 pieces of Calico to the top right hand corner and the bottom section of the canvas. I also applied more Shimmerz and blended the colours together by letting them run into each other.
3. I now started to apply my embellishments. Starting with the Ferns I applied a white dabber to them to take away the craft look. I didn't do this to thick, just a subtle undercoat for my next layers of Shimmerz. I adhered them to the canvas overlaping each other.
4. Adding to the cluster I placed my Prima flowers and Metal Birdcage into position.
5. Using tiny foam pieces I applied the Scrapmatts birdcages, layering them over the other embellishments. I placed the words down the canvas too and added Shimmerz Pearlz to highlight.
6. I added Prima paper butterflies all over the top of the canvas (and the bottom) giving them direction so it looked like they were jumping out of the centre cluster. I misted some more and highlighted all of the flowers with Gesso. Using a paintbrush I brushed along the edges of the flowers and dabbed Pearlz to give extra colour and shine. Using Blingz and Pearlz in Grinchy Green and Blue By U I coloured in the tips of the fern leaves. I wanted it to look more blended so I added some more Pearlz in white to wash out some of the colour.
Here is a closeup of the ferns and flowers.
There you have it, a pretty piece for the wall:)
I hope you enjoyed my tutorial to day, go on, go get messy!!!